- A 32 bit program that runs under MS Windows XP and above to plot NMR spectra
- An NMR spectrum can be read in one of the following formats: Bruker XWinNMR/TopSpin, Bruker WinNMR, Bruker WinNMR ASCII, Chemagnetics Spinsight, JCAMP-DX and a native
- Output is a Postscript or HPGL file that can be imported into many graphics programs (so far, I have tested WordPerfect 6-9, Corel Presentations 8-9, Corel Draw 4-10,
Micrografx Designer 7, Microsoft Word 97-2000, Microsoft Powerpoint 97-2000, InkScape)
(Microsoft products require the installation of a separate HPGL import filter, available at no cost from Microsoft's home page; search for hpgl32.exe or
Here is a screen shot of the plot layout dialog, illustrating the plot
Here is an example of a plot composed with SpecPlot (experimental spectrum as red circles,
calculated spectrum as black solid line) and imported into Micrografx Designer (without further modification):
Changes in 1.2.29 (20.05.2021):
- new feature: the reading of JCAMP-DX has been extended to accept NTUPLES (e.g.
produced by TopSpin 3 and 4); also some errors dealing with XY-DATA or with malformed
JCAMP-DX files (e.g. exported from Vnmrj) have been fixed (thanks to reports by Ulla Gro
Nielsen, Andrew Root, Robbie Iuliucci, Ernest Prack, Danielle Laurencin).
- Neither bug nor feature: determination of the Adobe Acrobat version looks up now a registry
key to determine the proper version of the Acrobat DDE server
SpecPlot is available in two flavors:
- Download the setup program for SpecPlot (1.1 MB). Administrator privileges may
be necessary to run the installer. To install SpecPlot, transfer the package to your PC into
a directory of our choice and execute the installer. Follow the on-screen instructions.
- Download the portable version of SpecPlot (0.9 MB) and extract the zip file into
a subdirectory of your choice.
If you have problems, please feel free to contact us. Also, we would be
glad to receive other feedback, e.g. bug reports, features you are missing
but might be included in later versions, or questions.